Unconditional love

Rule number 1 : If you work long hours don't even think of getting a dog.
Rule number 2 : If you are not ready to wipe and collect his dirt from all over your house. Don't get a dog.
Rule number 3 : If you are not committed to your dog 100% Don't get a dog.


Have you ever heard of unconditional LOVE? It's very rare to get & I only received it from my dog. No matter what my mood is, he's always there for me and if I shout at him for doing something stupid, he will come running back with lots of love for me.

Few months ago I felt alone at home and came out with a great idea. I went to ask my husband "Can we get a dog ?", First things he said to me where , are you ready to clean after him to walk him every day?. Obviously I said YES. To cut the long story short we got TINY, our Alaskan Malamute.



This is Tiny when he was few months old. He wasn't with us yet ,we got him when he was 9 months old. Why did we get him at this age?. Simply cause we saw him and fell in LOVE.


The day before we went to get him home we went to the Pet shop and got all the stuff we thought a dog would need. Mind you even tough we got him at 9 months he was still a puppy don't be fooled by the size, he will still act as a puppy till the age of 18 months.


This is TINY I know I know hes not that tiny but that's his name :)

A lot of people when they see me walking him, either cross the road or you can see them pull back, But I can promise you if you don't do any harm to me he won't bite. I mean I'm sure a poodle is more dangerous then he is.


I'm sure that sometimes I can see him smile at me :). I'm sure he's happy with us. But unfortunately not all the dogs are this happy, A lot of the are out there in the streets, some of them cause their owners can't cope with them anymore they just kick them out in the streets in the cold.


I'm sorry to say that here in Malta we don't have responsible breeders. Once you bought a dog from them it's your job to take care of him and it's only fair. But if something happens and you can't keep the dog, they won't take him back. They are ok if you throw him in the middle of the street cause its just business for them !!

Worst case scenario:

Lets say I bought a dog and when I got him home my kids where allergic to him, I couldn't know that before but now that I know I can't keep it. I can only take him to the sanctuary or throw him in the street. Why? cause the breeder won't take him back cause that's business for him. PS: Im not asking for money back.

Don't buy, ADOPT you are asking yourself why on earth I didn't adopt instead of buying. It wasn't my choice it was my husband's. If you adopt all they ask for is food and love and you will receive sooooooo much in return.


List of Sanctuary where you can adopt 






One more thing lately where ever I look all  I see are  Alaskan Malamute and Huskies like it's a trend to own one. Both breeds are very very hard headed , very powerful and very loving. But if you can't cope with 3 weeks of living in fur land . Don't buy these breeds.


Woof Woof Tiny sends his love to you all Ladies xx




I hope you enjoyed this post and don't forget to follow us on Facebook. All you need to do is click HERE.





No comments:

Post a Comment